6 Tips To Help Your Hotel Prepare for the Festive Season Boom
16 September 2019
The festive season is around the corner, as a hotel how do you make sure you make the most it? We help you prepare for the years busiest time. Here's how:
- Share your rates - Share your festive with agents and post them on your site as soon as possible. This allows potential guests to start making bookings. Where possible they can start paying in installments and making travel arrangements. Most people want to plan ahead and pay for their vacations early to beat the last minute rush. Ensure that your property is not out of the running when people are looking at options for the end year.
- Put together packages - The season is very family centered. Put together packages that cater to the interests of families. This includes accommodation packages that have special rates for families and large groups. It is also important that there are activities available for children and adult so that people see value is your offering.
- Invest in marketing - Update your website with all the information stated above. Your website should all have all the information on rates and any special festive season packages. Ensure that you are active on your social media pages. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are great tools that allow you to let people know what you have to offer. They are also a convenient tool you can use to answer any customer inquiries and up sell any offers. Share good photos of your property on these platforms and see interest pick up. If possible, invest in paid advertising too so that you reach a wider audience.
- Prepare your facilities - While maintenance should a year around effort, your property will see increased activity during this season. Paint any areas that need it, make sure your furniture is sturdy and ensure your landscaping is up to par. Be on the look our for any ant or termite infestations and ensure they are taken care of. This preparation also includes bed linen and mosquito nets. See they are not stained or torn. If you are expecting full occupancy, add any staff you may need to cope with the numbers. They should be properly trained and briefed so that they have all the information and equipment to make the season a win for you.
- Decorate Your Property - Get into the spirit of the season and decorate appropriately. Put up a Christmas tree, turn on the fairy lights and play some festive tunes to create a celebratory atmosphere. Most hotels hire bands for this season to entertain their guests as it helps keep people spirits up and makes for a memorable stay.
- Take Note of Any Previous Customer Feedback - This is key is finding areas where you can improve. Did you get positive reviews? Ensure you stay consistent in your service delivery and maintain your standards. Were your guests unhappy? Pay special attention to those pain points are have them attended to. Trip Advisor is also a great tool to find feedback from guests.
Preparing adequately ensures that your festive season is profitable and your guests are well taken care of. At Pesapal, we've created at tool help you accept mobile money and card payments from anywhere in the world. This includes Visa, MasterCard and American Express. You can accept payment in Kenyan, Tanzanian and Ugandan Shillings as well as US Dollars.
For more information on ReservePort email us at [email protected] or call us on +254-0706-191-729, +254-(0)20 -212 472.
We hope these tips help you in your efforts. Have a great season!