A payment plugin is a software application that enables e-commerce websites to be integrated with payment gateways to accept mobile and card payments.
The Covid-19 pandemic accelerated the e-commerce industry where customers flocked online stores to shop. According to a report by Shopify titled The Future of Commerce, an estimate of 12–24 million e-commerce sites are developed across the globe.
This is a clear indication of the booming e-commerce websites. However, the main challenge that entrepreneurs face, is choosing the right payment plugin that enables customers to conveniently make payments on their website. When customers struggle to complete a payment on the website, they abandon the cart.
To address this void, Pesapal has created the best payment plugins that can be easily integrated into any website at no fee. This integration’s sole role is to make sure businesses maximize the latest e-commerce trend that has projected a new sales record of between $5 trillion in 2022 and $6 trillion by 2024. In this article, we will explore what to consider when choosing a plugin and what are the free payment plugins by Pesapal.
It’s advisable that when a company is selecting a plugin for their business, they should consider one that matches their business's goals and objectives. Failure to do so might lead to a waste of time and resources. Below are three factors to consider when choosing the right payments partner:
The internet has revolutionized payment methods. Gone are the days when the only form of payment that existed was cash and cheques. Nowadays customers have an array of payment options at their disposal. Thus, when selecting a payment plugin, one should do market research to identify the most preferred mode of payment among the targeted customers. This will help to select a payment plugin that supports the payment mode.
When selecting a plugin, it shouldn’t be about the business getting paid, but it should also be user-friendly to the customer. The plugin should offer a seamless checkout process since customer retention is tied to the general user experience. Essentially, online stores should select plugins that aim to make the customer's actions as simple and fluid as possible.
When selecting the best payment plugin, you must opt for a provider who guarantees you excellent customer service because they are dealing with your customer’s money and your trust.
WooCommerce enables you to accept payments on your website without any coding skills. All you need is to follow the integration steps provided by Pesapal developers.
1. Countless themes: WooCommerce has thousands of themes that give you an opportunity to edit your website to the theme you love and one that best fits your business.
2. Unrestricted customization: You can edit any part of your website to stand out from the crowd.
3. Built-in blogging: WooCommerce comes with a blogging platform where one can write blog articles about goods and services they offer.
4. Categories, tags, and attributes make products easier to find: You can make it easy for customers to find the products they are looking for by adding tags to describe a product.
5. Product ratings and reviews: Customers can give reviews about your goods and services directly on the product page.
6. Customize for your location: You can set the preferred currency, language, and measurement of the products on the site.
7. Unlimited images and galleries: Include plenty of photos to show off your products. Set a featured image to highlight the best photo site-wide.
Magento 2 is a very simple, versatile, and quick-to-use payment plugin. It enables businesses to accept card and mobile payments on their website.
1. Multi-lingual: Magento 2 incorporates different languages enabling businesses to select the language that fits their market.
2. Compatible with the latest technologies: It’s compatible with the latest technology making it fast.
3. Admin panel: It comes with an admin panel that enables businesses to edit their sites from the dashboard.
4. Flexible payment options: Customers can choose their preferred mode of payment.
Shopify is a renowned plugin that has everything you need to sell on your website or your Facebook page. The Pesapal Shopify plugin enables you to accept mobile and card payments.
1. Unlimited bandwidth and online storage: There is no limitation on the number of photos or files uploaded on the platform. You will not be charged based on how many online visitors go through your store.
2. Online sales channels: You can use Shopify to sell online using a variety of sales channels. Each sales channel connects to Shopify, so you can easily keep track of your products, orders, and customers across all platforms.
3. Fraud analysis: Shopify has an inbuilt fraud analysis system that flags orders that are potentially fraudulent and brings them to your attention.
4. Analytics: All plan levels offer analytics, which highlights key analytics, including sales, orders, and online store visitor data.
5. Finance reports: You can view key financial information about your business using your finance reports. You can use the finances summary to review an overview of your sales, payments, and pending sales data. You can also view full finance reports to get more detail.
6. Customer support: Shopify has a dedicated team that will address your concern at any time. They offer 24/7 live chat, phone, and email support.
Pesapal is Africa’s number one and the most reliable Payment Service Provider (PSP) that accepts credit card and mobile money payments on a website. It processes major cards including Visa, Mastercard, and American Express(AMEX). Pesapal also accepts both local and foreign currency which ensures you can sell to potential customers across the globe without being limited by currency. Thousands of businesses use Pesapal to accept payments.
Pesapal is PCI PTS compliant. This is a global requirement that ensures all individuals involved in the transaction processing chain maintain the highest level of Personal Identification Number (PIN) security. These security measures are put in place to facilitate safe and secure transactions.
Despite the increased number of shoppers on e-commerce platforms, there are those who are reluctant to purchase online. This is attributed to the fear that they can end up losing their data to online scammers. Customers making payments through the Pesapal ecosystem have a security assurance that their personal data is protected. This is in accordance with the data protection law enacted that requires financial institutions to protect user privacy.
The greatest challenge to businesses is insufficient cash flow to effectively run their operations. Pesapal works with all banks to ensure our partners get their money on time and also saves them from the hustle of opening a different bank account.
Integrate Pesapal free plugins with your website and start receiving payments todayGet Started