Finding The Right Sabi Terminal That Suits Your Business
10 June 2020
As technology keeps evolving, the ability to accept card payments is fast becoming a necessity for all businesses. Does your business accept card payments?
Technology has leveled the playing field and now, small and big companies alike can reach customers across the globe. Customers also have instant access to information and can make purchases from just about anywhere in the world. Businesses that fail to adapt to this shift are setting themselves up for failure.
Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) are embracing digitalization, which has in turn enabled them to increase their growth and competitiveness. Pesapal offers Pesapal Sabi: A point of sale terminal that simplifies how you accept and manage card payments within your business. It is an aggregated solution that offers businesses a till facility, acceptance of debit and credit cards and transaction receipts. With Pesapal Sabi, merchants are assured of a simple sign up and set up process, as well as competitive transaction rates.
Finding The Right Sabi Terminal That Fits Your Business
The advent of card payments, online banking apps, and mobile wallets has resulted in more customers opting to make digital payments as opposed to using cash. Pesapal offers online payment options, as well as point of sale payments through both traditional and mobile POS systems. Card acceptance at your store helps you stay profitable and competitive. Pesapal card readers make it easy to accept secure payments in your store or on-the-go.
- Sabi mPOS
- Sabi mPOS is a portable point of sale terminal that can process over 250 transactions on a single charge. It connects wirelessly via Bluetooth to the Pesapal Sabi app on your compatible android smartphone or tablet.
- Available in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, Sabi mPOS seeks to help businesses (for example mobile sole traders and SMEs) process card payments more efficiently.
- With Sabi mPOS, you can process Visa, MasterCard debit and credit cards (chip and pin payments and NFC contactless payments) in both local currencies and US dollars. Sabi mPOS also processes MPesa payments.
- Here is a guide on how you can charge a Visa or MasterCard within your store using the Pesapal SABI mobile point of sale.
- Click here to view the Sabi mPOS User Guide
- Sabi POS
- The Sabi POS terminal, though slightly bigger than the Sabi mPOS, is also portable and can process transactions for 24hrs once fully charged. The biggest differentiator between this terminal and other PDQ machines is that it integrates to your point-of-sale / property management system. It also has dual sim capability that helps you stay connected to both WiFi & Mobile Data. You can also provide both digital & physical receipts to your customers any time.
- This terminal is available in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, and is ideal for restaurants, hotels and large multi-location retailers. Accept Visa, MasterCard debit and credit cards (chip and pin payments and NFC contactless payments) in both local currencies and US dollars with Sabi POS. Sabi POS also processes MPesa payments.
How To Get Started
- Getting Your Sabi Terminal: We’ve made it simple for you to start accepting card payments. You can buy your Sabi terminal now and have it delivered to you or you can request for the terminal and our team will get back to you.
- Registering a Merchant Account: The Pesapal merchant account gives you access to data and a comprehensive view of your financial flows in real time. You can view transactions captured from your online payment collections as well as from the POS systems. Here’s how you can open a merchant/business account on Pesapal. Once you have registered your account, get familiar with all you can do from your Pesapal business account.
- Setup Cashiers & Branches: Should you have many branches and cashiers, you can set them up on your Pesapal merchant dashboard to enable you to track and record all your transactions.
- Start Accepting Payments: For Sabi mPOS, download the Pesapal Sabi app on PlayStore and pair your card reader to your phone via bluetooth. For Sabi POS, power up the device and start accepting payments.
- Getting Your settlement: Upon registering your Pesapal merchant account, you’ll need to indicate your bank account details. Once you initiate a withdrawal, the funds will be settled to this account within 48 business hours. Here's a quick how-to video on how you can withdraw funds from your Pesapal merchant account.
Avoid losing out on sales when customers opt to pay you via card. We would like to set your business up for success. We offer an aggregated solution that offers you acceptance of major debit and credit cards. We don't charge monthly maintenance fees and guarantee you a simple sign up and set up process, as well as competitive transaction rates. Request for your terminal and get started today.